This symposium will provide participants with the opportunity to engage in a broad array of reflective discussions about the representations of disability that exist “beneath the surface” and explicitly within mainstream popular cultures both nationally and internationally, particularly the popular culture phenomena that are comic books, graphic novels, and manga.
Department Of Ability Theme by Calling Utopia
Calling Utopia (joining us from Australia!) will be performing live at "Cripping" the Comic Con 2017, followed by “Q&A” with the audience! (Video recorded and livestreamed, with captions and American Sign Language interpretation.)
- 2017 “Cripping” the Comic Con Registration
- Some Notes about Accessibility and Inclusion
- What “Cripping” Means
- Meet The Access Avengers
- “Cripping” the Comic Con Videos
- A Bit of Humor: Accessibility at the Con
- Bibliography on Disability and Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Manga
- Download your own copy of all our “Cripping” the Comic Con posters!
- Gaming Resources
- Other Resources